Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy my birthday to you! - A Hike Through the Parque Nacional da Tijuca

Today, for my birthday, we went on a hike with a bunch of friends from the school.  We hiked to Pico da Tijuca, which is the highest peak in the largest urban rainforest in the world!  The hike was 2.6 kilometers and was rated as "medium."  It took 2 hours to get up and about 45 minutes to an hour to get back down.  So, being that I am NOT in hiking shape, I am now very sore!!!  The view from the top is amazing, and the trail itself is beautiful, too.  


The weather was chilly and damp.  For a few minutes we thought the sun would come out, but it didn't.  
More pics to come soon, but in the meantime, here is a little peek.

Our home in "Barra" is seen on the coast to the right

The Bay and the city (Central) of Rio de Janeiro

Can you imagine how amazing the view would be on a clear day?! 


What did you do on my birthday? :)






"Like" Alonewithmytea on Facebook to receive updates in your newsfeed when I publish something new.

Follow on Bloglovin


Don't forget to take my blog survey, found on the left sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow