Friday, August 23, 2013

Today's Face - Every Day Routine

Today's Face - My "Every Day" Routine 

From this
Blah

To this
Slightly less blah

6 Products - 5 Steps

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!



Step 1: I start with a clean and moisturized face.


Step 2: I put on foundation to even out skin tone
Sorry, the pic is kinda blurry :(

Step 3: I put blush on my cheeks to make me less of a corpse


Step 4: Easy eyes - Creamy eye shadow, black liner, mascara


Step 5: Glossy, red lips

Seriously, that's it!  So easy, right?  I don't understand when girls tell me putting on makeup is difficult.  All you need are a couple of products and 5 minutes.


The Stuff:

Foundation: Mary Kay Creme-to-Powder Foundation in Ivory 2
Blush: Ummm I think it's Wet-n-Wild?
Eyes: Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Glacier Gray, Wet-n-Wild Color Icon in Black, Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara in Black
Lips: Tarte LipSurgence Lip Stain in Lust



In other news, I'm feeling really insecure and inadequate because I don't know Portuguese.  I had a little mini-freak-out-moment last night.  If we were in a Spanish speaking country I'd be almost fluent right now.  But Portuguese, while I can read it, is so different sounding, that I get confused and nervous.  And the Carioca accent is so strong it makes it so much more difficult to understand!

I really wish I could take a class and be immersed for several hours a day, but we can't afford that!  There is a language school in Ipanema that is very affordable, but it is about an hour on a bus, and I don't feel comfortable riding a bus by myself quite yet.  SIGH, it is sooo frustrating because I am SO CLOSE to being fluent in Spanish, that if this were any other country in South America, I would be golden.  Then there's the thought that we might not be here for longer than a year anyway, so why spend all that money on language classes?

Ugh.





"Like" Alonewithmytea on Facebook to receive updates in your newsfeed when I publish something new.

Follow on Bloglovin


Don't forget to take my blog survey, found on the left sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow