Wednesday, September 4, 2013

More from the birthday hike - Pico da Tijuca


I know these are a long time coming, but here are some more pictures of the hike we took a couple of weekends ago.

We hiked to Pico da Tijuca, which is the highest peak in the largest urban rainforest in the world!  The hike was 2.6 kilometers and was rated as "medium."  It took 2 hours to get up and about 45 minutes to an hour to get back down. 

View along the trail

Friends






View from the top











It was overcast and drizzly, so we didn't get very good shots :(





This is Barra (pronounced "Ba-ha," but it doesn't mean "under" or "low" like baja in Spanish - it means "bar," like "bar of soap" or "sandbar"), where we live

View heading back down!

The top of the scary steps
I descended on my rear for the steepest parts



scary steps

It was a fun excursion but we were completely exhausted afterward!  I was sore for several days... yeah, I'm not a hiker... The view made it all worth it, though.  Also, I loved trekking through the jungle of a trail (literally) to get to the top.  (And you know how I love the jungle!)

Do you want to hike Pico da Tijuca when you come visit? ;)






P.S.


"Like" Alonewithmytea on Facebook to receive updates in your newsfeed when I publish something new.

Follow on Bloglovin



Don't forget to take my blog survey, found on the left sidebar.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow