Thursday, October 17, 2013

Home

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.

If I were asked to name the chief benefit of the house, I should say: the house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace.

I wish my apartment were a home as described in the two quotes above, but instead it is a place where I try my hardest not to be and where just the thought of it brings me to tears of frustration.

Life these days has been filled with stress and more stress.  There has been a ton of drama at our place of work (basically there was a situation that involved two parties believing they had the right to "run" the school, and it became a legal issue which is now resolved and the appropriate party is back in, but there are still some residual issues which have meant the delaying of my pay check and other things).  Our apartment is under construction and is utterly torn apart, upheaved, and terribly terribly dirty.  I have been in tears almost every day just thinking about our apartment.  I think what most bothers me isn't how dirty it is, but the fact that everyone thinks I'm being dramatic or exaggerating (I'm not).  And the fact that I have no one to help me.  And the fact that we arrived to an utter disaster of a place; I spent two months trying to get it all clean and livable, and now it is destroyed again and I am left alone to clean it and make it livable again.  I wish I could post pictures of the state of things right now, but last time I posted pictures of my apartment, I was asked to remove them.  It's not fair that we're stuck with this junk heap just because we were hired last.  It makes me feel like we are uncared for and not valued.

I don't want this post to be completely negative, but, unfortunately, that's how I'm feeling right now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow