Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Monkey see, monkey do, then ten other monkeys do, too!

These pictures are from several weeks ago.  I've been slacking on posting, but in my defense, we've been through a lot in the past couple of weeks!  There was major drama at the school that was stressing us out, and our apartment was under construction.  I was trying my hardest to stay out of the apartment, both so that I wouldn't get depressed by how dirty it was, and so that I wouldn't get dirty myself while they were tearing it apart!

We found these monkeys at a park in Barra.  I think they are both ugly and cute at the same time.

I had a bad peach that I didn't want, so I put it on the ground for the monkeys.

One came over.

Soon there were two...

then three...

then four...

then five...

then six.

This is just so you can see how long their tails are.

Several watched from the trees.

(Count them plus the ones on the ground and you could call it a posse of monkeys!)

This guy got tired of the other guys barging in on his peach, so he ran off with it.

Peter felt bad for the peach-less ones, so he gave them grapes.  Soon he was swarmed by monkeys, so we hastily ran away!  We really shouldn't have been messing with them, because they can get aggressive and have been known to bite.  




Moral of the story is - these tiny monkeys look cute, and we got some good pictures out of it, but we must advise that you not feed them, because they can be mean.  Also, once you start feeding one, a dozen others will show up, and soon you'll be out of food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow