Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Capivara (Capybara) and the Flu

It's not unusual to see wild Capivara in Brazil, but even though there are signs about them everywhere along our "lagoa," I hadn't seen one yet!  When our friends were here visiting last month, we saw this guy hanging out by our dock.  This is the best quality picture we could get, considering it was dark and raining!  The flash scared him and he hid in the jungle-brush.  :(


In other news, this picture pretty much describes my weekend:


No, not a hangover!  I caught just about the worst case of the flu I've ever had.  Fever, chills, body aches, among other things that I'm too nice to write about here.  Only now am I starting to be able to think about food without getting nauseated.  Had to cancel my students yesterday and today.  :(

Anyway, hope your weekend was better than mine!  Actually, Saturday was great - went to the beach, got horribly sunburned, and then around 8pm the fever and stomach ache started, and it was downhill from there.  I don't even remember Sunday, and yesterday I stayed in bed watching movies and drinking broth all day.

In the meantime, my apartment looks like a disaster zone... Something to look forward to for when I'm all better.  Yay.  Also, sorry about the ever-changing blog look.  I'm never satisfied with it, and I think I am finally going to make the transition away from Blogger.  We'll see, I might change my mind again for the 100th time tomorrow.

What did you do this weekend?

xo,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow