Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Advantage of a Bath



Do you prefer baths or showers?

I've heard there are many advantages to taking baths.

They can help relieve certain skin conditions, infuse good things into your body (depending on what you choose to soak in), and are generally relaxing.

I love taking baths.

I just now realized one particular reason why I love baths so much.

I've made it about half way through one of my favorite books in the past 2 days, merely by reading during my nightly baths.

I don't take electronics into the bathroom (ever since 2009 when I accidentally dropped my cell phone into the toilet...), so baths are a time when I'm forced to read "real" books.  If I'm just sitting on my couch I might be surfing the web, watching YouTube, grading papers, or listening to music.  But in the bath, I read.

This week I've been re-reading a few books from the Mitford series, by Jan Karon.  They are some of my favorite books.  Why does a 20-something-year-old love books about a 60 year old Episcopal priest?  I don't know, there's just something about the books that are so endearing.


Anyway, thanks for letting me share my recent revelation.  Now I'm off to read some more!

XOXO,

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!

Follow